Reflection, a word every individual should act out and incorporate into their daily lives. Without reflection of ourselves there is never any room for improvement. Again as I sit in my cave of contentment I reflect on the past wrongdoings and foolish behavior I had once done in the past. I blame the song Perfection by Goldfinger and its enchanting sound. Why must we feel the need to judge others from outside appearances? Why don’t we all just treat others how we want to be treated. I just would like to reflect on how our lives can sincerely change by the way we perceive others and treating others how we want to be treated. Now this discussion is pretty well forced into our lives beginning as young children and carried upon until we are adults but let’s get real do any one of us really try to do our very best at treating others how we want to be treated. I know I don’t! I’m not saying I’m a bitter cold-hearted Grinch here but I must say I’ve haven’t always had the kindest words to say about others. So once again I reflect on my wrongdoings and I am determined to completely turn around my outlook on others and transform my not so kind words into a reflection of a sincerity and uplifting behavior. I’ve already started to start my mission of enlightenment and I must say it is quite satisfying. Below are my steps to pure contentment and enlightenment:
~Be content with what you already have. If you have food, water, and shelter you are set. Here is a quote that really inspired me with this situation: “Every time you spend money, you’re casting a vote for the kind of world you want.” -Anna Lappe
~Have future plans or goals that you want to reach. Because with those ideas in mind there is always something to look forward too.
~Don’t conform. Listen to your gut and stay true to yourself.
~Have a healthy lifestyle: when having this it will not only make you feel better but with certain foods and herbal remedies can help you have a more positive and serene outlook on life.
Happy Foods/Herbal Remedies
- Eating oranges, it’s that simple.
- St.John’s Wort, a herb that helps serotonin (one of the main chemical messenger sin the brain) levels. This herb is mainly given to individuals that have depression. I personally do not have depression but I must say since I take this herb that it definitely gives you a happy boost and is safe to take even if you don’t have depression. If you are on ANY kind of pharmaceutical medication you should make sure your medication doesn’t interfere or have side effects with this herb. This herb is excellent and is one of my top favorite herbs to take. I ingest it either through tea or capsule form.
- Passion flower, this flower also helps stabilize and increase serotonin levels. I suggest you either take St.Johns Wort or Passion flower and see which one your prefer. You should not take both St.John’s Wort and Passion Flower together because it would be a waste of each herb. Both of the herbs pretty much have the same affects so only stick with one.
- Kava Kava Extract, this herb originated from islands located around Fiji. This herb increases cheerfulness in your mood. Merry Christmas Grinch! 🙂 Haha, anyways I take this herb usually at night or when I want to feel extremely relaxed. Make sure you won’t be driving for a while it really does make you VERY relaxed.
- Hibiscus Tea, I take a tea with hibiscus in it but it is actually called Groovy Tea. No joke! I love this tea it tastes extremely delicious.
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” -Walt Whitman
“Take care of our own well-being, by focusing on thoughts that bring us more joy. But most importantly, we could remind ourselves that every situation, no matter how happpiness can give us the opportunity to find our bliss.”
“The giver should be thankful.”
“Make your imagination limitless.”
My favorite tea combined with the song feelin’ groovy by Simon and Garfunkel and you can call it a fantastic day! 🙂
Well thanks for reading and have a positive day!
Beautiful…I just love the trumpet part: