Boils also called furuncles are local staphyloccal bacterial infections of the skin. You can get boils by these things below:
- Poor hygiene
- Poor immune system
- Friction from tight clothing
- Poor nutrition
- Exposure to harsh chemicals
You can prevent yourself from getting boils by washing your hands, covering open lesions on skin, and not sharing personal items such as towels or razors.
Natural Remedies For Boils
– Using a hot compress
– Taking tumeric internally. Turmeric is considered to be a natural blood purifier. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which are helpful for the treatment of boils.
– Applying tea tree oil to the boil topically. Tea tree oil is one of the preferable antiseptics, which is used for healing all types of skin problems.
– Castor oil is considered as an antiseptic for treatment of a boil. Put some drops of castor oil on a cotton ball. Put the cotton ball on the boil, directly. This will draw out the poison right out of the boil.
– Onion has antimicrobial as well as antiseptic properties that are effective for the treatment of boils. You are required to take a thick slice of onion and place it directly on the boil. Wrap the onion with a cloth so that the heat of the onion reaches inside the skin. If the process is practised 3-4 times a day, the boil will surely drain out.
– Boil some parsley leaves in water. After warming, wrap the leaves in a thin clean cloth. Use it as a bandage on the boil. This will help boil to burst out fast, without any infection.
– Nutmeg is known for stimulating blood circulation in the body. Mix half teaspoon of nutmeg powder in 1 hot cup of milk or water. Drink the mixture to prevent bacterial infection in the boil.
Here is a video below showing Ayurvedic remedies for healing boils (furuncles):