Are you sick of wasting your hard earned money on products that aren’t fulfilling your needs? Are you tired of being scammed or tricked into believing a certain product works and really doesn’t. Then dear groovy nuggets I bear you the information on herbal/natural remedies that WILL work! All the remedies I will list below I have used and I can tell you for a fact that I know they work. So let’s get started:
1. Everyday Face Wash: Use a teaspoon or more of honey (depending on how much you need) to wash your face. It’s that simple! Honey hydrates the skin and is an antibacterial as well. In past wars they used to clean the wounds with honey to help heal them. I have been using honey to wash my face for a couple of months and it has been the best thing for my face and helps dry/sensitive skin. I suggest using raw honey because it still has the natural enzymes and it also can be a natural exfoliate. You can also use the honey for a body wash as well. This remedy is very affordable and works super well! I usually buy my raw honey for only around ten dollars.
2. Body Oil/Hydration: Instead of using chemically filled and weird smelling lotions try coconut oil, which is a popular remedy used in India for not only the skin but the hair as well. I use coconut oil and I must say that it not only smells good but it’s extremely hydrating for the skin. I try to use it before I go out in the sun for a long period of time. Grapeseed Oil, is a light oil that can easily be used to hydrate the skin during the day. This oil can also be used in the hair as well. An obvious one that everyone probably already knows about is Olive Oil, used widely in the Mediterranean it’s name has reached ears around the world about it’s delicacy and utmost cherished health properties. Flaxseed Oil, this oil is magnificent! This oil is very good for curly hair as well. This oil contains high contents of Omega 3’s which help the skin/hair stay lustful. I must warn you though it’s smell is pretty strong and can be somewhat repelling. So I suggest if you use flaxseed oil use it as night treatment.
3. Tightening Mask for Pores or Matured Skin: Crack open an egg, get rid of the yolk and just keep the egg whites. Wash the face normally, pat dry, then as crazy as it may seem put the egg whites on your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes or whenever you feel the mask really starts tightening the face. After that you will see that your pores have really decreased, gone away, or your face feels quite smooth…ya dig!
4. Cinnamon/Honey Acne Treatment: Wash the face, pat it dry, and then take a teaspoon of any kind of organic honey (I suggest raw honey) and then take an equal amount of cinnamon and stir it up. Then apply it to your spots or acne and leave it on overnight (if you don’t toss or turn) or leave it on for 30 minutes or as long as you can.
5. Castor Oil for eyelashes: Instead of wearing chemically and nasty filled mascara. I apply castor oil on my eyelids and some on my lower and upper eyelashes. This oil is very hydrating and VERY thick so it’s perfect for healthy lashes.
6. Rosemary Wash for hair or body: I pick fresh rosemary from my families garden about 3 to 4 “sticks” of rosemary and then I boil some water, put the rosemary in the boiling water, and then boil it for a good 10-15 minutes or until you can really smell the rosemary and when water has changed color.I then strain it, let it cool, and apply it to my hair as either a shampoo or an after rinse for my hair. You can also put this remedy in your bath water. You will smell heavenly! This is an excellent remedy for combating hair loss or growing thicker hair. This remedy has been used for centuries to help fight hair loss!
7. Aloe Vera Hair Rinse: You can either use an aloe plant, buy some aloe vera juice, or if you have a juicer just juice the aloe vera plant but you want to apply the aloe vera juice on your scalp for about 10-15 minutes after you wash your hair. This remedy has also been used for centuries especially in India. This remedy help stimulate hair follicles and helps your hair grow thicker. I love it!
8. Marigold Hair Lightener/Face Wash/Sun Saver: This plant is one of my all time favorites! This plant can highlight the hair with golden highlights, can help the skin replenish from a ton of sun exposure, and can lighten dark/acne spots if used for awhile. For Christmas I wanted a pound of marigold and some essential oils and thankfully I got them, gotta love family! Anyways, Take about a cup or two of marigold and put that in some boiling water for about 15-20 minutes, then let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes, and let it cool. Use this as a hair rinse, face wash, or put it in a dark colored spray bottle and use it before you go out into the sun, or you could even spray it on your hair when outside and let the golden highlights soak into your hair!
*The key to being healthy and beautiful is from within. You can use these remedies to beautify yourself but the beauty will truly never show if your insides are complete slush…and I’m not talking about the delicious slushies here nuggets!
*A little word to the wise: ALWAYS LOOK AT THE INGREDIENT LIST WHEN BUYING PRODUCTS! PLEASE! It’s such a simple thing but nobody ever looks at the ingredient list! The ingredient list is the one thing an individual should look at when not wanting to get scammed! Don’t look at the quality of the bottle or how cute or hip the bottle looks….look at what’s in it.
*For example: Some of the most famous and expensive and so called “high quality” hair products are terrible for the hair-This bottle below is priced at almost 14 dollars…ARE YOU SERIOUS:
*Ingredient List: Aqua (Water/Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum (Fragrance), Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Carbomer, Limonene, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Mica, Sodium Hydroxide, PPG-9, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Geraniol, Linalool, Polyethylene, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 15985 (Yellow 5).
*Could you ingest that? I don’t think so! Yeah not good at all! If any of you know basic knowledge you would know that the ingredients at the top of the list are way more potent then the ones at the bottom. Sodium Laureth Sulfate is our main enemy hear! This ingredient is a lathering agent which creates the “sudsy” or “clean” affect of the shampoo. This shampoo also increases hair fall and makes you hair weaker. Strike one! Sodium Chloride also known as table salt is used as a thickener in shampoos. It also causes irritation to the eyes and a dry scalp…hah and were just getting started! Yellow 5 which is used as a coloring agent in the shampoo has been linked to potential fertility issues.
*Your skin is your biggest organ and anything you apply topically while soak into the skin and go into the bloodstream causing just as much harm as ingesting bad food. So it’s no joke! Watch out for bad products by looking at the ingredient list and knowing what’s in the product you want to buy.
*My motto: If you can’t eat it why use it?
Anyways, hopefully this was or will be helpful for you radical nuggets!
On a happy note…I will leave you beautiful nuggets with a song that fits perfectly with this article:
I just really love this song: